20 January 2006

More flexible fixtures = no more lost spoons

Generally I dislike change. I like things to be easy and known – I like to drift through time on automatic and not have to work hard just to get through the day.

That being said, in the house, I don’t like fixtures much. I don’t like built-in wardrobes much, although they are functional. I prefer things I can rearrange. Sinks and gas plumbing generally annoy me. I’d like to move the stove and the sink, clean behind them and put them somewhere else for a change…. Why would you want them tied down? Can’t they make them at least on flexible metal pipes so you can pull them away from walls and clean? Not that I would get around to it too often, but I would like to be able to. And what about all those wooden spoons we found behind the old stove – that would never happen in a world designed by moi.

No comments: