11 November 2013

No Hawkers and no Hawkers doing surveys

The other day we had someone come to the door. He wasn't selling anything, he said, but doing a survey. Very shortly it was clear he wasn't selling anything - he was just getting my contact details so others could sell me things.  When I demurred about giving my email address, he said not to worry - he would just put down a fake one and it was a win win situation. He was a student, working to study, so I felt sorry for him. However, his company wasn't doing the right thing by householders and he wasn't doing the right thing by his company. But why should he care? They were blatantly attempting a bit of a scam to get around the new rules for door-knocking. All he cared about was ticking off his list and getting paid.

All in all it made me think about overseas call-centres. I think about them quite often because we are having issues with our internet connection and so we have to talk to them all the time. Why should someone in another country who is earning a pathetic amount care about my first-world problems, even if they understand what the hell I'm talking about. They don't care. How can I get rid of you sir? We'll check into that and someone will call you back in a day.... All they care about is ticking off their check-list - being seen to be doing the job - and getting paid.

No comments: