03 August 2006

What was it John Lennon said about Life?

I can't remember what John Lennon said about Life.... The Internet is my memory; is my brain.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.

Whatever happened to my other plans? Yet I still think this bit isn't my life....

I seem to have grown to think I’m not a real person and I take care to stay away from real people in case I get found out. Real People are fascinating and scary (and sometimes dull) - efficient and certain. They are in their Life and they know it. They are sure about their career-path and do all the things society expects. I’m certainly not a real graphic designer or a real worker. Am I a real homeowner? I certainly suffer some of the same problems.

Being not real isn’t too far removed from real – it’s more about the way you feel. About the way you fit into a group or into society (or want to fit in). Or, pertinently, the way you don’t fit (or don't want to fit in).

I've removed myself from my old life where the people were interesting-bordering-on-insane, but I have replaced it with boredom. Hope there is a middle path and that it is 'real' and is my life.

No comments: