13 March 2006

It's sure to help

Ok, I had a Monday. And the fact that I've had rather a lot of very nice wine that I am completely not used to... well, I'm sure it helps. But when the last bottle of wine on the shelf is the eleven year old french bit of dry red then.... Bad thing is, I may have to find more expensive French red wine, dammit. And a need to buy local propels me to think I may have to try some Australian wine this old and see if the French do really have something. Which I fear they might.... Either way, I really can't afford it. Wish I could drink the rest and damn the consequences - sometimes you need to do that. Generally it's a very good wine doesn't shatter you. Yes I know it is poison, but such nice poison and anyway - it is only tomorrow that I will know that.

2 comments:

Mrs Robot said...

The bottlo on Gladstone Road has a bit of a clean skin thing going on, and I've sampled some extremely palatable drops for an equally reasonable price. OK, it's a lottery and will likely lag behind your vintage treats, but you get drinking and gambling all in one!

Fatuous One said...

Drinking and gambling together.... that's novel.